Friday, November 6, 2015

Fall Quilt Show


Two of my favorite things -  fall and quilts. Every year around this time I make sure to stop by the Fine Art of Fiber exhibit at the Chicago Botanic Garden in Glencoe, Illinois. The gardens are a lovely backdrop for this unique show. Because it's Illinois and fall, the show is held indoors. If you live near the Chicago area, it's worth stopping by this weekend.


The quilts that are featured are usually very different from the type of quilts I make - modern, bright, versatile and often non-traditional. There are always a few traditional quilts thrown into the mix, but the fun part is seeing just how creative some of the quilters get with color and fiber. It's always a glorious show of color indoors and out.



Made by Pat Niffenegger


This appliqued one was one of my favorites -


Made by Linda Howard


An English paper piecing demonstration


Made by Carole Zucco




Made by Mario Alonso


A beautiful exhibit on Victorian style embellished purses. Gorgeous detail.





I love this one! Flower Power. Made by Marcia Lee Hartnell


Made by Chris Deering



Made by Mario Alonso


Made by Nona C. Flores





The day was kind of gray - windy, cool and crisp. I spent over an hour walking around the garden afterwards and will post those pictures in a few days for those of you who love coming with me on my nature walks.






7 comments:

Karen said...

Wonderful pictures, Kathleen! Thank you so much for always sharing your Quilting adventures with us.

mrs. smythe said...

Gorgeous quilts! What a treat to see them all so beautifully displayed. I think my favorite was the one by Chris Deering. I love the colors and the variety!

Ruth said...

Thanks for sharing! The quilts are just awesome and I love the little purses too!

Julierose said...

Lovely quilts in that show! I wish i could go and see them all!! thanks for sharing...hugs, Julierose

Jennifer M said...

Amazing fiber arts. Different than what I make too, as you know. Thanks for sharing the quilt show with us. I am looking forward to your garden walk: ))

Jenny M said...

Thank you for sharing the photos of the quilt exhibition, it is lovely to see what other quilters are creating in other countries. What a stunning Botanic garden!

Jenny M said...

PS. Just noticed that the previous lady that left a comment, is Jennifer M ~ what a coincidence! from Jenny M in Melbourne, Australia

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails