Monday, November 2, 2015

Red & White

Remember the red & white quilt exhibit that was held in New York a few years ago? I was not able to attend the show but sure wished I had seen it. Now, the book is out.

                                  

Members of my small quilt groups have become inspired and so we're making small red & white quilts in November and December. The culmination will be a "little" showing of our quilts mid-December. Find more info on my Small Quilt Lovers Facebook group  here 


Why don't you join us? You know you want to  . . . .

Your quilts do not have to be complicated or fancy -  just a simple red & white quilt smaller than  30"  x  30" will do.  Try making one from a pattern in one of my books or design one yourself using a favorite block. If you're new to quilting, it can be something really simple, like a four-patch or nine-patch quilt.

                                 Beautiful Antique Vintage Doll Baby Quilt Matching Prairie Bonnet Pinks Reds | eBay:

Doll quilt found on ebay


A little red & white quilt  -  one of the first quilts I made when I first began to quilt. Gotta love those wonky blocks and cut off points! We all have to start somewhere . . . .

Here's some inspiration - 

                                                       Baskets Crib Quilt: Circa 1890; Pennsylvania

Crib quilt, 1890 - See info on buying this quilt


    Ohio star quilt    For years now I have wanted to make a red or blue quilt!  Soon for sure!!!!!  Maybe one for Chris & Cori:

            

10 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW Those red and whites are striking. Two color quilts especially red are some of my favorite

Julierose said...

great inspiration photos..love that little dolly quilt you found on ebay...red and white--just so striking....hugs, Julierose

Ann in PA said...

Lovely Red & White quilts! Thank you for sharing...can't wait to see SQT's Infinite Variety of R & W quilts in Dec.

marian said...

Kathy, i love your little red & white quilt! I also love the antique cot (basket) quilt, shame it's so pricey!
As you know, i'm looking forward to the R&W quilt challenge, i just need to decide on the block & design... there's so many calling my name:))

cityquilter grace said...

got mine done....little red houses on white...thanks for the inspiration!

Jennifer M said...

Wonderful Red and White Quilts! I look forward to our little show in December...now to just make a decision and begin: ))

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I'm looking forward to seeing our little show too. I do hope I can find some time to make a little red and white quilt. I am busy trying to finish up my big(ger) red and cream quilt right now.

Nyla said...

Love those red and white quilts! Great idea, I will try to make one before the end of the year, give myself a goal! Thanks Kathy!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I am new to your blog but have seen many photos of the red and white show. I'm going to email my sis and see if she wants to stitch a little red and white quilt along with me. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Karen Andreola said...

Ooo, I like every one of these red and white quilts. They are truly inspiring. Thank you for showing them. Your first attempts are darling. Perhaps it is my eyesight but I cannot see hardly a "cut-off" point. Charming.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails