Thursday, July 5, 2012

Jewelry Kick

I went to a Fine Arts Fair in my town recently. It's always interesting to see what local artists are up to and we try to go every summer.






This year there were more jewelry booths than usual, which was fun for me. There were some very nice pieces and seeing a variety of handmade jewelry always inspires me to take out my bead boxes and make something myself after I get home.


I've been on a turquoise kick for quite awhile.

My daughter had a birthday recently and while I was shopping for her gifts, I noticed some great scrappy beaded jewelry. This also inspired me to spend a little time playing around with my beads, staying inside, trying to keep cool.


 


Nothing fancy -


Like hand quilting, beading is relaxing and therapeutic.


I sold some jewelry on my Etsy shop a few years ago . . . .


I picked up this cute pendant at a quilt show last year and decided it needed a pretty beaded "chain."




A touch of turquoise mysteriously appears in almost everything I make lately.


Julia made these pretty bracelets for me to wear doubled. Hi, Jules!

My favorite part of the Art Fair was seeing all the dogs. No one told me dogs were allowed! I would have brought mine . . . .




13 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

I was at an art fair recently and they had a lot of jewelry booths as well. Love yours - we should mix and match!

Merilyn said...

All your jewelry pieces are just beautiful!!!!

pandchintz said...

Those earrings are gorgeous!! Clever you!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Интересные украшения! У нас в России говорят - просто - но со вкусом (красиво).

Audrey said...

I love the jewelry - do you have a resource book that gives you how to's on making them?

Anonymous said...

Kathy, It looks like you aren't letting this heat wave keep you indoors. Your jewelery is beautiful!! I think your doggie may have been glad to be left at home, relaxing in the cool house. LOL Karen/IL.

Beth said...

Great beaded pieces. I have tons of beads and when I see something I think "I have to try that". I usually end up not remembering what I wanted to try. :( Glad youdon't have that problem.

Judy said...

That art fair looks like a lot of fun. I love the earrings that you are creating.

Kathleen Tracy said...

I used to have a subscription to Stringing magazine (a popular jewelry magazine) and that inspires me along with various books on beading.

June said...

Love your jewelry!! I have tried my hand at making magnetic bracelets, for myself. It helps with the arthritis (the magnet beads). Ever made any?

sara said...

Nice post about jewelry. your site is very cool

jewelry making blog said...

Very beautiful handmade jewelry, have a different style,your dog is also very good, I like it!

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails