Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Quilt Show Quilts


I had a great time in Michigan last weekend. Thanks to the Thornapple River Rippers Quilting Guild and everyone else who came out to see me. The guild certainly treated me like a queen - 


Lovely accommodations. I liked the fact that the windows actually opened. I'm a fresh-air junkie when I travel.


Not your typical hotel room. The suite had a beautifully decorated kitchen and dining area.


Can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel with a terrace, sitting room and fireplace. Oh yeah, never.


But enough gushing about the room - on to the show. There were so many beautiful quilts made by members of the guild. Here are a few I thought you'd enjoy seeing -  


Gathering Garden by Rebecca Lydy (from a design by Kim Dielh)


Civil War Sampler made by Sheila Purdy (designed by Bettina Havig)


Made by Rebecca Lydy (designed by Lori Smith)




Stars in the Garden, made by Sally Poll (designed by Vicki Olsen and Jill Shaulis)


Made by Bev Jones (from a design by Edyta Sitar)


Made by Sally Poll


Teeny, tiny  pineapples made by Sally Poll


More pineapples, made by Robin Foster


Picnic Time, made by Rebecca Lydy


Pretty in Plaid, made by Rebecca Lydy (from a Piece O Cake design)



Made by Jane Webb (Edyta Sitar design)




Made by Bev Jones


Made by Brenda Bremer


Vintage quilt made by a 10 year old girl from Hastings, Michigan in 1933.


Antique bars quilt. I think I have to make this one. 

*    *    *
Happy St Patrick's Day!



Did you know that every year in Chicago on St Patrick's Day they dye the Chicago River green?


15 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

What fun. Beautiful room, lovely quilts. I'm impressed with all those cute miniatures. Thanks for sharing and inspiring #CreativeGoodness.

Love the green river too!

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Yvonne said...

What a lovely hotel youmstayed in! The quilts at the show are amazing. Love the Chicago pictures. Two years ago we visited the city for one day......so little time....wish we could have stayed longer.

Alba-mà said...

Quin reportatge mes bonic.
L'habitació un encant i els quilts una maravella.
Gràcies per compartir.
Petons !!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I saw that green river the other day! Nice quilts, and a plus to have a nice room to stay in

quiltsathome said...

The hotel you stayed in looks very beautiful. And I admire the lovely pattern from Edyta !
Greetings from the Netherlands,
Patricia

Leeanne said...

happy saint patrick day to you too! Lovely quilts........hard to choose the one I like best!

Scrappy quilter said...

What fun you must have had. Your room was beautiful. And some of the most wonderful quilts.

Jennifer M said...

Wonderful room Kathy. I love that Antique Bars Quilt too! Thanks for sharing picture:)))

Anonymous said...

Ditto what everyone else said and NO, I did not know they dyed the river green. The Irish must love it! :-)

Judy said...

What a lovely room! Thanks for sharing all of the quilt photos with us. I was staring at the Stars in the Garden quilt, wondering how small those hexies are....

Gloria said...

What beautiful accommodations! All the quilts are so pretty, but I too was intrigued by Stars in the Garden and loved Pretty in Plaid. Thanks for sharing.

cityquilter grace said...

lovely show and quilts but i might have been tempted to stay in the room....lol

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

Wow! That sure was a gorgeous room! Beautiful quilts, very talented ladies. Love the green river! Sounds like a great holiday! Hugs Marg.

Anna said...

I'd stay there any day!!! thank you for the beautiful quilt show!

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

What a beautiful room! I enjoyed meeting you at the quilt show and I'm so glad I snuck out of the quilt retreat and made the drive up. The lecture was wonderful and it was fun to see your quilts. My son marched in the Chicago parade and when I got home told me about the green river. Thanks for posting a photo of the river as I wouldn't have imagined it being that green. Thanks for signing the siggie block!

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails